Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Bodies We Wear

The Bodies We Wear
ISBN: 978-0385754125
September 23, 2014
Amazon Link

Ever since Faye was eleven, she's been seeking revenge on the drug dealers who forced and made her addicted and killed her best friend Christian on Heam. Heam is a powerful addictive drug that either kills or brinks people to the edge of death able to foresee Heaven or Hell. Under strict rules as an addict Faye attends school and is shy just months of graduating. When she begins to unwillingly break each rule given to stay in school her life begins to unfold and everything she thought she knew isnt what it seems.

I normally rate books I finish in one sitting four or five stars but I can't do that with this read. Yes, I did finish it in one sitting but I realized at page 88 that I just wanted to finish and move on. The biggest factor for me is that this was too contemporary. There isnt a paranormal aspect to focus on its more internal conflict with the main character. I had a hard time staying awake so I took a break to eat and came back and finished within a few hours.

The plus is the writing and the world building; its believable and I can see a clear picture of what that world is and how the author is portraying the atmosphere because the writing is fantastic however, the plot is extremely predictable. I wasnt caught off guard one bit and foresaw just about everything coming.

The cover is so simple but so intriguing which is why I gave this a chance. I own and have started this author's first work Dark Inside but have not been able to finish it. I loaned it  to a friend and she said she wouldnt recommend it.

Published by M

2 comments:

  1. Well, I do hope I enjoy this more than you did ;) You didn't like Dark Inside either? I kind of loved that one. Hopefully the new books will be better!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope you do too! Let me know when the book arrives. I havent finished Dark Inside yet but I will eventually. I dont own the sequel though.

    ReplyDelete