Sunday, July 5, 2015

YA Cuisine from the Book Bratz

Welcome to the kick off of the 2015 Summer Blogger Promo Tour hosted by the Book Bratz. This tour features bloggers every Sunday. My first post is dedicated to The Book Bratz!!

I have been traveling a lot recently and crave food from around the world all the time. So recently when I read books I have been noticing their meals a lot more. I wanted to get a retrospect on YA cuisine and see if the food mentioned makes your mouth water just as much.



YA Books with the Best Described Cuisine:

1. The Selection Series by Kiera Cass - they eat so much food fit for royalty and it makes me jealous! The Selection (The Selection, #1)

2. The Matched Trilogy - the night before their Matching ceremony, all of the teens and their families got to attend a big banquet with fancy dinner and cake with yummy cream and all of that good stuff - I'm still jealous of it!
Matched (Matched, #1)

3. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh - The story takes place in the middle east so their is a lot of foreign cuisine mentioned that sounded so yummy! 


The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1)



Our Favorite Meals We'd Love to See in Books!
Jessica: My mom's homemade chicken soup. It's seriously my favorite - chicken, pasta, veggies...yum! My favorite food in the entire world. I'd love to see characters eating their mom's famous chicken soup! If there's a book where this happens, I haven't heard of it yet.
Amber: I like food in general so I can't really give you that good of an answer, to be honest. 

Do you like to cook?
Jessica: For myself! I don't really like making big meals for parties and my family and such. It's just too much work.
Amber: Not really. I should probably start learning. I can cook macaroni and cheese, does that count? 

Do you pay attention to the food in books? Does it make you hungry reading about it?
Jessica: I don't pay super close attention to it, but if the food being described is really rich and yummy and delicious, I'll become fixated on it. It makes me super hungry!
Amber: Sometimes. Most times I skim it because it isn't that important. 

I definitely agree with Matched. The book was released on my 19th Birthday and Amazon sent it to me a day early. I read it as soon as I opened the package and since I'm getting old, food is the main topic and featured event of my Birthday. In the very beginning the banquet was mentioned and my mouth was watering. Plus the green dress on the cover was stunning. I wanted to be there in the book, that is until (SPOILER ALERT!!) the grandpa was forced to die!  Anyway, I didnt have a banquet for my Birthday but I did have homemade Skyline Cincinnati Chili (the only thing I cook), which is even better in my opinion. Yum!

What books make your mouth water? Do you even notice the food mentioned?

More Info on The Book Bratz:
Amber & Jessica are both high school girls and longtime good friends. They started The Book Bratz back in 2014 and spent all of their free time reading and fangirling about books. Some of their favorite activities include reading, writing, sleeping, eating, and texting (duh). Today, The Book Bratz and its followers have grown tremendously and they’re super excited to be the co-hosts of the 2015 Summer Blogger Promo Tour! Drop on by to www.thebookbratz.blogspot.com and say hi - it’s always a good time!




Published by M

1 comment: