Saturday, May 31, 2014

EM's First Post!

ISBN: 978-0062245359
March 18, 2014
Amazon Link
Sixteen year old Alice is diagnosed with leukemia and plans the days she has left to get revenge on all of her high school enemies. She gets her best friend Harvey to help her with a list of things she has to do before her time runs out. Little does she know, Harvey has had feelings for her for all his life. Only later to find out she has gone into remission, now Alice has to face the consequences of her list. Has she done too much damage or could she save all of her relationships she's ruined?

I really enjoyed Side Effects May Vary because it shows true modern family and teenage life. I envy the characterization of the main character Alice. The author Julie Murphy, created a perfect example of life without a happy ending, which proves life isn't always fair. The book went on a little longer than I thought it probably should have. There also wasn't a clear explanation on what leukemia is. I had known it was a type of cancer but it would have been nice to have more detail on the subject matter. Overall, I would say that this book is on my top twenty reading list because of Alice's personality. Julie Murphy is an author to look out for and I highly recommend for fans of Maybe One Day, The Fault in Our Stars and The Beginning of Everything. 

Have you read Side Effects May Vary? What did you think of the book? Comment below to let me know! Sign up for my email newsletter at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/mandemread, follow me on Twitter @Miaswartz1 and add me to your Circle on Google Plus at mimizane@gmail.comCheck in every two weeks for more updates and posts!


Published by EM

No comments:

Post a Comment